PAKISTAN INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDERS ASSOCIATION
Registered with the Ministry of Commerce, Government of Pakistan
License No. 152
Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Members
Every member shall comply with this code of conduct as set out below:
The objects of the Association and the intensions of the Association’s Code of Conduct are to:
- Ensure a fair business relationship between the Members and their clients, and between Members themselves.
- Maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and the good name of the PIFFA and its members.
- Generally watch over, promote and safeguard the credibility of the PIFFA and its members by establishing, maintaining and promoting professional behaviour of high standards with the object that Membership in the PIFFA shall be an indication of high standards and quality of service.
- Generally promote public confidence in the profession particularly through prevention or correction of any abuses and malpractices that might undermine this confidence.
- Promote the interest and welfare of freight forwarders and logistics providers, improve their professional status, and secure high standards of professional conduct and practice.
- Promote and develop the general interests of all Members of the PIFFA in their relations with clients, with operators of all forms of transport and with one another.
- At all times, within the law, Members shall act professionally and in the interest of their clients, subject to their own proper and reasonable commercial considerations and undertake to provide confidential and competent services;
- Members undertake not intentionally to mislead the clients;
- In their dealing with third parties in the performance of their service to clients, Members undertake to provide necessary information to best of their knowledge, and exercise due diligence while doing so.
- The Board of Directors (BOD) of the PIFFA has the power to appoint a sub-committee to deal with issues relating to the conduct of members.
- Members, clients and all other concerned shall refer all disputes to the above sub-committee.
- The Sub-committee is empowered to consider any complaint made by a member of the public or a dispute arising between Members. The Member against whom a complaint has been made shall, upon request by the sub-committee, provide information and document(s), and within such period as may be reasonably required by the sub-committee. The sub-committee is not entitled to apply or recommend the application of any action against the said Member without giving the said Member an opportunity to make representation (in writing or in person) in connection with the said complaint.
- On receipt of a complaint, the sub-committee will be obliged to acknowledge the complaint within 15 days of its receipt and thereafter must set into process their deliberations on the complaint matter. The sub-committee is charged to effect conclusion of their recommendations within a period of 90 days, as far as possible, and to submit the same to the Board of Directors without undue delay.
- The BOD of the PIFFA is empowered to:
- issue such cautions, warnings and reprimands as it may consider necessary;
- require from such Member any specific or general undertaking as to such member’s future conduct and/or
- suspend or terminate the membership of any such Member;
- delegate its disciplinary powers under sub-paragraph (i) and (ii) above to the sub – committee.